We are extremely grateful to our supporters around the world for your help with our “wish list.”
Current projects for which we need funding for are:
- DEBATE ENDOWMENT FUND: You can ensure a bright future for the annual inter-nunnery debate by making a gift to our special endowment fund to ensure that the Jang Gonchoe debate event will continue and grow for years to come.
- DEBATING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NUNS: Enable nuns to attend the annual inter-nunnery debate, a crucial learning opportunity. A $100 scholarship will enable a nun to attend this month-long debate event.
- DINING TABLES AND MANDALA TABLE: The nuns of Dolma Ling Nunnery have requested financial support to provide additional furniture for their dining room and classrooms, as well as a work stand for the nuns to create sand mandalas.
- SUSTAIN THE NUNNERIES: Keep the nunnery buildings sound and strong by helping us provide regular upkeep and repair, such as painting and roof work.
- TANTRIC STUDIES PROGRAM: This is an exciting and groundbreaking new project to provide higher education to Geshema graduates in tantric studies. This will be the first time in the history of Tibet that nuns will be offered this level of education.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: Provide education to hundreds of nuns by making a gift to support teachers’ salaries. Each year we seek to fund the salaries of 10-15 teachers for the nuns.
- 3-STORY BUILDING FURNISHINGS: The Dolma Ling nuns have asked for help to finish and furnish a special new multi-purpose building. This three-story building will house the nuns’ committee meeting room, additional staff quarters, accommodation for senior nuns, three storage rooms and a two-vehicle garage.
- WATER STORAGE SYSTEM: This is an urgent project to create a new water storage system at Dolma Ling Nunnery to prevent leakage into staff rooms and also to conserve water.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)