We are extremely grateful to our supporters around the world for your help with our “wish list.”
Current projects for which we need funding for are:
- SUSTAINING DOLMA LING NUNNERY: The nunnery is now home to about 250 nuns. While much of the maintenance and chores are done by the nuns themselves, like any large residential institution, there are some projects that need outside support. We need your help with these 2 remaining projects:
- FURNISH THE DOLMA LING KITCHEN: the newly expanded kitchen needs a range of special equipment including an enclosed vegetable storage and chopping area to keep birds and animals out, sorting bins for recyclables and compost, a large pot rack for heavy pots, and a heavy-duty and hygienic wall drainer for washing up.
- BUTTER SCULPTURE WORKSHOP: Help preserve this very special traditional Tibetan art by supporting our efforts to create a butter sculpture workshop space at Dolma Ling Nunnery where the nuns can be trained in this sacred art. NOTE: A special donor has offered to match gifts to this project up to a total of $500. Please give today.
- JANG GONCHOE ENDOWMENT FUND: you can ensure a bright future for the annual inter-nunnery debate by making a gift to our special endowment fund to ensure that the Jang Gonchoe debate event will continue and grow for years to come.
- MAINTENANCE AND RENOVATIONS: keep the nunnery buildings sound and strong by helping us provide regular upkeep and repair, such as painting and roof work.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: provide education to hundreds of nuns by making a gift to support teachers’ salaries. Each year we seek to fund the salaries of 10-15 teachers for the nuns.
- DEBATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NUNS: enable nuns to attend the annual inter-nunnery debate, a crucial learning opportunity. A $100 scholarship will enable a nun to attend this month-long debate event.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)