We are extremely grateful to our supporters around the world for your help with our wish list of current needs and projects.
Current projects for which we need funding for are:
- DEBATE ENDOWMENT FUND: You can ensure a bright future for the annual inter-nunnery debate by making a gift to our special endowment fund to ensure that the Jang Gonchoe debate event will continue and grow for years to come.
- GESHEMA EXAMS 2018: Help the nuns who are taking Geshema exams with the costs of travel to and from the exams and food during their final study time and exam period.
- INTER-NUNNERY DEBATE/JANG GONCHOE: The 2018 inter-nunnery debate will be held at Kopan Nunnery in Nepal. Hundreds of nuns would like to take part, but we need help with food and travel costs.
- MAINTAIN THE NUNNERIES: Keep the nunnery buildings sound and strong by helping us provide regular upkeep and repair, such as painting and roof work.
- MEDIA EQUIPMENT: Empower the nuns to tell their own stories by helping to provide cameras and other media equipment to 7 nunneries in India.
- SHUGSEP TEMPLE FLOOR: An infestation of wood-eating insects has destroyed the Shugsep Nunnery temple floor and its supporting structure. Repairs are urgent.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: Provide education to hundreds of nuns by making a gift to support teachers’ salaries. Each year we seek to fund the salaries of 10-15 teachers for the nuns.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)
- Donate securities