Welcome to the Tibetan Nuns Project!
The Tibetan Nuns Project was founded over two decades ago to provide education and humanitarian aid to refugee nuns from Tibet and Himalayan regions of India. The Project provides facilities and programs to educate, empower, and improve the status of ordained Tibetan women.
Through our sponsorship program, funded by sponsors from around the world, we currently support over 700 Tibetan nuns living in north India.
The Tibetan Nuns Project is dedicated to:
- Improving standards of food, sanitation, medical care, and education in Tibetan nunneries
- Working towards future self-sufficiency through educational and training opportunities
- Training nuns to take leadership and service roles within their communities
- Improving the level and status of ordained Buddhist women
- Assisting recently arrived refugee nuns from Tibet
- Continuing to establish further facilities for Buddhist nuns
Here’s a 2-minute video thanking our supporters and showing the highlights of 2013.