The Tibetan Nuns Project is currently seeking a new member of our team. Learn more about the position and find details about how to apply by reading below or clicking here.
Shipping and Office Administrator
Position Summary: The Shipping and Office Administrator is an integral member of the staff team, responsible for a variety of activities relating to e-commerce, administrative support and event preparation.
Hours: Minimum of 2 days per week, 20 hours per week. Holiday season is busy so may require more hours, rare weekend and evening work. In office time with other staff members is an important part of this position; regular office hours are necessary. Schedule is somewhat flexible and will be determined upon hiring.
Wages and Benefits: $17-19 / hour. 2 vacation days and 2 holidays per year, 401(k) contribution. Access to employer health care plan (not paid by employer)
Product Inventory & Management
- Manage and maintain product inventory using e-commerce platform and in house inventory, update approved product and shipping pricing, organization and storage
- Fulfill, update and track all product orders; refine systems in collaboration with other office personnel
- Primary contact for customer correspondence
- Work closely with Program Associate to improve processes & keep expenses down
- Primary support person, assisting with numerous activities, including fielding phone calls, utilizing donor database, Microsoft Office Suite, TNP Webpage and e-commerce interfaces
- Perform tasks that support the functioning of the office; trips to the post office, UPS store, etc. Manage and purchase office and shipping supplies & keep office organized
- General office support where needed
Event Preparation & Coordination
- Scheduling, assembling products & packing materials for event
- Managing inventory of products taken to the event & products returned
- Preparing products & necessary tools for show by prepping displays, signage, etc.
- Experience in office support work, preferably at a not-for-profit organization
- Experience with Macintosh computers, basic skills with software including Microsoft Word and Excel, and competent internet skills
- Experienced professional who is dependable and organized, with a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills resulting in positive working relationships with the public, staff, and volunteers
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage priorities and multiple projects
- Self starter, ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong interest in our mission and some general knowledge regarding Tibet and Buddhist culture
How to Apply (Application Deadline January 24, 20202:
To apply, please send a single PDF document to email@example.com with email subject line: Shipping & Office Administrator – Your Name Here. Include two items:
- A cover letter that addresses the unique skills you bring to the table, and your long-term professional goals.
- A resume with at least two professional references.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we ask that candidates kindly refrain from calling, sending paper applications, and drop-in visits.
The Tibetan Nuns Project relies heavily on volunteers around the world. The following is a list of the most immediate volunteer needs, but let us know if you have a particular skill to contribute. If you’d like to volunteer and/or help us distribute our calendars, please contact us.
Seattle, WA Office
Our USA office is located in the International District in Seattle, Washington. We are always looking for volunteers. Tasks include product preparation, inventory, mailings, database entry, marketing, and artwork. If you don’t live in the Seattle area, but are in town on business, come visit – we love company. Please call 206-652-8901 or email contact us for directions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Calendar distribution: The Tibetan Nuns Project produces and distributes a yearly wall calendar. The majority of our sales are dependent upon individual distributors to friends, local bookstores, and dharma centers.
Provide Tibetan Nuns Project literature at events in your area that attract people who would be interested. We provide you with all necessary materials.