FUNDING COMPLETED! THANK YOU!
Last year with the generous help of our supporters, we were able to expand and upgrade the kitchen at Dolma Ling Nunnery, the largest of the seven nunneries we support. The Dolma Ling nuns had outgrown their old kitchen which was built almost 25 years ago in 1993. At the time when the kitchen was built, there were just 82 nuns. There are now over 230 nuns at the nunnery plus staff to feed each day.
Here’s a video made by the nuns showing the new kitchen in action.
You can view an earlier video and report on the new kitchen space at Dolma Ling on our blog.
Here’s a list of some of the things that were purchased with donors’ help:
- Enclosed vegetable storage and chopping area to keep birds and animals out.
- Environmentally responsible sorting bins for recyclables, compost, waste food suitable to feed to the cows and trash.
- A large pot rack for heavy pots, steamers and utensils.
Additional furnishings supplied for the new kitchen also included a heavy-duty and hygienic wall drainer for washing up, a wall-mounted utensil rack, and large metal storage containers for grains such as rice and flour. All of these items were made to fit the kitchen dimensions by a local supplier.
To support another special nunnery project you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
Learn more about the Tibetan Nuns Project.