It’s our 30th Anniversary in 2017!
Our 30th anniversary is an opportunity to thank our supporters and to take stock of the many historic milestones that would not have been possible without your compassion for the nuns. You and your support will be remembered in the history of Tibet and for future Tibetan Buddhist nuns.
No matter where you are in the world, we’d like you to join us in marking the many accomplishments that you’ve helped make possible.
Here are just some of the accomplishments:
- Creating a ground-breaking educational program for nuns
- Feeding, clothing, housing, and educating almost 800 Tibetans nuns through our sponsorship program
- Building and establishing Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute, a non-sectarian nunnery
- Constructing and re-establishing Shugsep Nunnery in India
- Establishing the annual inter-nunnery debate, the Jang Gonchoe
- Laying the groundwork for higher degrees for nuns
- Awarding of the Geshema degree for the first time in the history of Tibet.
In the coming months, we will be sharing more news about ways in which you and our wonderful global family can connect, such as through house parties and through online sharing of news, photos, and videos to commemorate this milestone.
We will be holding a gathering at Dolma Ling Nunnery in India and Institute in India on October 2nd. For information, please contact us at email@example.com