Shugsep is an ancient Nyingma nunnery that traces its rituals and practice to some of the most illustrious female practitioners in Tibetan history.
Now Shugsep Nunnery and Institute is aging and the classrooms, dormitories, kitchen, temple, and other buildings need maintenance. The heavy monsoon rains and harsh environment of northern India are hard on the nunnery complex.
The 85 nuns work hard to maintain their nunnery. But there are many projects beyond their ability that they need your help with, such as:
- Solar panel roof repair
- Water tank repair
- Painting the walls and decorative roof elements of the temple
- Mold removal and prevention
- Security system for the nunnery and grounds to avoid break-ins
- Nun housing painting
Help maintain Shugsep Nunnery and Institute as a strong and healthy nunnery!
TO COMPLETE ALL THE ITEMS: US $21,650
To help you can:
- Make a gift online at tnp.org
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901
- Mail a check to The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
- Give a gift of securities
- Leave a gift in your will to the Tibetan Nuns Project