A gift to our Long-Term Stability Fund is a special opportunity to build a strong future for Tibetan nuns living in exile in northern India.
No matter what the future of Tibet holds, you can help these dedicated and courageous women to preserve their culture and spiritual traditions.
Thanks to the generosity of supporters like you, we have already established a quasi-endowment fund that you can contribute to.
To help you can:
- Make a gift online
- Call our office in Seattle, U.S. at 1-206-652-8901
- Mail a check to The Tibetan Nuns Project, 815 Seattle Boulevard South #418, Seattle, WA 98134 U.S. (note that it is for the Long-Term Stability Fund)
- Donate securities
- Leave a gift in your will to the Tibetan Nuns Project
Benefits of Giving to the Long-Term Stability Fund
- This type of gift is visionary
- Provides long-term stability for the over 900 nuns and seven nunneries we support in India.
- Helps Tibetan Buddhist nuns at a critical time in their nation’s history
- Enables nuns to become teachers, leaders, and role models
- Ensures that nuns will have food, shelter, and medical care for the future
- Provides education and teachers salaries as a permanent fixture for women
- Helps keep the ancient wisdom tradition of Tibet alive
We have seen the tremendous positive impact of the Jang Gonchoe Endowment Fund supporting the annual inter-nunnery debate and the Geshema Endowment which funds all costs such as food and travel for nuns taking Geshema exams. Now we have the opportunity to help put our core programs such as education, food, and shelter for the nuns on a solid, sustainable footing.
Ever since the Tibetan Nuns Project was founded 35 years ago in 1987, we have fundraised each year to meet the needs of the nuns and nunneries. This leaves the nuns and education programs very vulnerable to the economy. We never know in advance if we will be able meet annual needs.
By giving to Long-Term Stability Fund, a quasi-endowment fund, you will be helping current and future Tibetan Buddhist nuns at a critical time in Tibet’s history. Please help the nuns to become teachers, leaders, and role models and to keep the ancient wisdom tradition of Tibet alive. The world needs their wisdom and compassion!
How you can make a gift:
1. Cash, check or credit card gifts
You can donate through our online donation page, by phone at 1-206-652-8901 or by mailing a check payable to the Tibetan Nuns Project to this address: Tibetan Nuns Project, 815 Seattle Boulevard South, Suite 418, Seattle, WA 98134 US. Whether you give online, by phone or by check, please indicate that you wish to contribute to the Tibetan Nuns Project Long-Term Stability Fund.
Canadian donors wishing to give to the Tibetan Nuns Project and receive the Canadian tax benefits, may donate via:
Tibetan Nuns Project Giving Group
Suite 1250 – 1500 West Georgia
Vancouver, BC V6G 2Z6 Canada
Charitable Impact also accepts bequests and gifts of publicly traded securities to support the Tibetan Nuns Project. Contact Charitable Impact at 1-877-531-0580.
2. Gifts of Stock or Securities
Donating appreciated securities to the Tibetan Nuns Project is easy. See here. If your securities are held “in street name” with your broker, you can send your broker a letter of authorization to transfer (not sell) shares of specific stock(s) to the Tibetan Nuns Project main brokerage account. Your instructions should specify your account number, the date by which you wish to complete the gift transfer, the name and number of shares you would like to donate and the purpose of your gift (e.g. Long-Term Stability Fund).
Here is the information your broker will need from us:
- Custodian: Charles Schwab
- Account Name: Tibetan Nuns Project
- Account #: 2797-1424
- DTC: 0164
- Contact Name: Lisa Farmer
- Contact #: (206) 652-8901
3. Legacy Gifts
A gift in your will can transform the lives of the nuns and help further the mission of the Tibetan Nuns Project. A bequest gift can be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or the entire “residue” of your property. For sample clauses and more information on legacy giving, see our Legacies of Compassion information and booklet.
4. A Gift of Life Insurance or Retirement Assets
You can name the Tibetan Nuns Project as the beneficiary of a portion or all of a life insurance policy, retirement plan, or IRA, and designate your gift to support the Tibetan Nuns Project Long-Term Stability Fund. Such a gift may allow you to provide a larger contribution than you may otherwise feel capable of making at any given time. Gifts to the Tibetan Nuns Project are tax deductible in the United States.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 206-652-8901 or email us at email@example.com.