We are extremely grateful to our supporters around the world for your help with our wishlist of current needs and projects.
Current projects for which the nuns and nunneries need funding for are:
- DEBATE ENDOWMENT FUND: 2019 marks the 25th annual inter-nunnery debate called the Jang Gonchoe, a vital educational opportunity for hundreds of nuns from India and Nepal. It is one of our greatest wishes to make this annual event sustainable. Please consider a gift to our special debate endowment fund to ensure that the Jang Gonchoe debate event will continue and grow for years to come.
- TANTRIC STUDIES HOUSING FOR GESHEMAS: For the first time in history, Tibetan Buddhist nuns have the opportunity to study Tantric Buddhism. The Geshemas need housing at Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute while they take this special program.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: Help fund 10 to 15 teachers at Tibetan Buddhist nuns in India, so that the nuns can receive equal education to monks and become leaders and teachers.
- JEEP FOR TIBETAN NUNS PROJECT INDIA OFFICE: A new vehicle is needed in India for essential functions like administration and banking.
- MAINTAIN THE NUNNERIES: Keep the nunnery buildings sound and strong by helping us provide regular upkeep and repair, such as painting and roof work.
- SPONSOR A NUN: Sponsor a nun for just $1 a day and provide her with food, shelter, education, health care, and opportunity.
Or you can donate to the Area of Greatest Need.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)
- Donate securities