We are extremely grateful to our supporters around the world for your help with our wish list of current needs and projects.
Current projects for which we need funding for are:
- SCHOOL BUS AND JEEP: The nuns at the remote Dorjee Zong Nunnery in Zanskar need a school bus to take the younger nuns to school 10 km away so they can continue their studies.
- REJUVENATE SHUGSEP: This important Nyingma nunnery, which traces its practices to some of the most illustrious female practitioners in Tibetan history, was re-established in India. The buildings are aging and the 85 nuns who live there need your help to keep the nunnery strong and healthy.
- 2019 JANG GONCHOE: This year marks the 25th annual inter-nunnery debate called the Jang Gonchoe, a vital educational opportunity for hundreds of nuns from India and Nepal. Please help nuns attend by donating towards food and travel costs.
- DEBATE ENDOWMENT FUND: You can ensure a bright future for the annual inter-nunnery debate by making a gift to our special endowment fund to ensure that the Jang Gonchoe debate event will continue and grow for years to come.
- 2019 GESHEMA EXAMS: Help the nuns take their 2019 Geshema exams by donating for their travel costs to the exam site and for their food during the final study period and exam time.
- TANTRIC STUDIES HOUSING FOR GESHEMAS: For the first time in history, Tibetan Buddhist nuns have the opportunity to study Tantric Buddhism, but the Geshemas need a housing block at Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute.
- MAINTAIN THE NUNNERIES: Keep the nunnery buildings sound and strong by helping us provide regular upkeep and repair, such as painting and roof work.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: Help fund 10 to 15 teachers at Tibetan Buddhist nuns in India, so that the nuns can receive equal education to monks and become leaders and teachers.
- SPONSOR A NUN: Sponsor a nun for just $1 a day and provide her with food, shelter, education, health care, and opportunity.
Or you can donate to the Area of Greatest Need.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)
- Donate securities