Here is our wish list of current needs and projects for the nuns and nunneries.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: We need help to fund teachers’ salaries at various Tibetan Buddhist nunneries in India. The annual cost of one teacher’s salary ranges from $1,500 to $5,000, depending on the location of the nunnery and the skills of the teacher.
- HOUSING FOR GESHEMAS: Build 16 rooms and facilities for Geshemas at Dolma Ling Nunnery so that they can get the advanced studies required to become fully qualified teachers of their tradition.
- SHUGSEP NUNNERY RETREAT CENTER: The senior nuns at Shugsep Nunnery and Institute need a place where they can practice retreat in order to become fully qualified teachers and preservers of their ancient tradition.
- WINTER ROBES FOR SHUGSEP NUNS: We need your help to raise $3,800 for 92 sets of winter robes for the nuns at Shugsep Nunnery and Institute.
- LONG-TERM STABILITY FUND: Donate to the Long-Term Stability Fund, a quasi-endowment, that will build a strong and stable future for Tibetan nuns living in exile in northern India. No matter what the future of Tibet holds, you can help these dedicated and courageous women to preserve their culture and spiritual traditions.
- SPONSOR A NUN: Sponsor a nun for just $1 a day and provide her with education, food, shelter, health care, and opportunity.
- MONTHLY GIFTS: A little goes a long way! Become a monthly supporter at any amount you choose and provide the essentials of life such as food, shelter, and education to the nuns.
To enable us to help the nuns in whatever way is needed, you can donate to the Area of Greatest Need.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #418
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)
- Donate securities