Here is our wish list of current needs and projects for the nuns and nunneries:
- SPONSOR A NUN: Sponsor a nun for just $1 a day and provide her with education, food, shelter, health care, and opportunity.
- GESHEMA ENDOWMENT FUND: Help ensure the long-term sustainability of the Geshema exam process and enable more nuns to become teachers and leaders. Our goal is $200,000. The Frederick Family Fund has kindly offered to match all gifts up to a total of $20,000 and an anonymous donor has pledged to match gifts up to $1,500!
- EMPOWER AND EDUCATE WOMEN: Enable nuns to get equal access to education and empower them to become leaders.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: Help educate and empower nuns by supporting teachers’ salaries at Tibetan Buddhist nunneries in India.
With the pandemic, this is a time of great uncertainty and disruption for the nuns. Many of the educational opportunities in 2020 were cancelled or postponed and we are not sure yet what will happen in 2021. Also, important maintenance projects on the nunneries are limited because workers are not allowed to enter the nunneries for safety reasons.
To enable us to help the nuns in whatever way is needed, you can donate to the Area of Greatest Need.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)
- Donate securities