We are extremely grateful to our supporters around the world for your help with our wish list of current needs and projects.
Current projects for which we need funding for are:
- SCHOOL BUS: The nuns at the remote Dorjee Zong Nunnery in Zanskar need a school bus to take the younger nuns to school 10 km away so they can continue their studies.
- 2019 JANG GONCHOE: This year marks the 25th annual inter-nunnery debate called the Jang Gonchoe, a vital educational opportunity for hundreds of nuns from India and Nepal. Please help nuns attend by donating towards food and travel costs.
- DEBATE ENDOWMENT FUND: You can ensure a bright future for the annual inter-nunnery debate by making a gift to our special endowment fund to ensure that the Jang Gonchoe debate event will continue and grow for years to come.
- TANTRIC STUDIES HOUSING FOR GESHEMAS: For the first time in history, Tibetan Buddhist nuns have the opportunity to study Tantric Buddhism, but the Geshemas need a housing block at Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute.
- MAINTAIN THE NUNNERIES: Keep the nunnery buildings sound and strong by helping us provide regular upkeep and repair, such as painting and roof work.
- TEACHERS’ SALARIES: Help fund 10 to 15 teachers at Tibetan Buddhist nuns in India, so that the nuns can receive equal education to monks and become leaders and teachers.
- SPONSOR A NUN: Sponsor a nun for just $1 a day and provide her with food, shelter, education, health care, and opportunity.
- JEEP FOR TIBETAN NUNS PROJECT INDIA OFFICE: A new vehicle is needed in India for essential functions like administration and banking.
Or you can donate to the Area of Greatest Need.
To help us with these projects you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
(Please include a note about how you wish your gift to be used.)
- Donate securities