Thanks to the generosity of our donors and the hard work of the nuns, the 8 retreat huts were completed in October 2013.
Retreats are a core part of the nuns’ Buddhist practice, allowing them to develop their own insight and knowledge in complete privacy. Each hut consists of a simple room with a bathroom and kitchen area. With your support we:
- Furnished each modest hut with a bed, storage cupboard, table, prostration board and provisions for the bathroom and kitchen.
1 Hut = $850 8 Huts = $6,800
- Provided sustainable, ecologically sound light, power and warm water with one solar panel per hut. 1 Hut = $1,688 8 Huts = $13,500
- Built the stone and cement walkways, drains and essential landscaping for the areas around the huts. $3,500
Learn more about this project by downloading this PDF Finish the Nuns’ Retreat Huts.
To donate to other projects you can:
- Click here to donate online now
- Call our office in Seattle at (206) 652-8901 any time 10 am to 4 pm, PST weekdays
- Mail a check to 815 Seattle Boulevard South #216, Seattle, WA 98134 USA