Last year with the generous help of our supporters, we were able to expand and upgrade the kitchen at Dolma Ling Nunnery, the largest of the seven nunneries we support. The Dolma Ling nuns had outgrown their old kitchen which was built in 1993 when there were just 82 nuns. There are now over 230 nuns at the nunnery plus staff to feed each day.
We are now seeking your help to equip and furnish the new kitchen space.
Here’s a list of some of the things that will be purchased with your help:
- Enclosed vegetable storage and chopping area to keep birds and animals out.
- Environmentally responsible sorting bins for recyclables, compost, waste food suitable to feed to the cows and trash.
- A large pot rack for heavy pots, steamers and utensils.
Additional furnishings needed for the kitchen also include a heavy-duty and hygienic wall drainer for washing up, a wall-mounted utensil rack, and large metal storage containers for grains such as rice and flour. All of these items will be made to fit the kitchen dimensions by a local supplier.
Total cost: $9,000
To help furnish and equip the kitchen at Dolma Ling you can:
- Make a gift online – see below.
- Call our office in Seattle, US at 1-206-652-8901 (Monday-Friday, 8-4)
- Mail a check to:
The Tibetan Nuns Project
(for Dolma Ling Kitchen)
815 Seattle Boulevard South #216
Seattle, WA 98134 USA
You can view a video and report on the new kitchen space at Dolma Ling on our blog.