Our 30th anniversary is an opportunity to thank our supporters and to take stock of the many historic milestones made possible through their compassion for the nuns. The support of our donors will be remembered in the history of Tibet and for future Tibetan Buddhist nuns.
Here are just some of the accomplishments:
- Creating a ground-breaking educational program for nuns;
- Feeding, clothing, housing, and educating almost 800 Tibetans nuns thanks to our sponsors;
- Building and establishing of Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute, a non-sectarian nunnery;
- Constructing and re-establishing Shugsep Nunnery in India;
- Establishing the annual inter-nunnery debate, the Jang Gonchoe;
- Laying the groundwork for higher degrees for nuns; and
- Awarding of the Geshema degree for the first time in the history of Tibet.
In the coming months, we will be sharing more news about ways in which you and our wonderful global family can connect, such as through house parties and through online sharing of news, photos, and videos to commemorate this milestone.
We will be holding a gathering at Dolma Ling Nunnery in India and Institute in India on October 2nd 2017. For information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org