The annual inter-nunnery debate, called the Jang Gonchoe, was held at Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute from October 3 to November 2, 2017.
The nuns debated every day from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and again in the evening from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. or midnight. A total of 376 nuns from 8 nunneries in India and Nepal took part this year.
Here’s a 3-minute video of the 2017 Jang Gonchoe:
The participating nuns were from:
- Dolma Ling Nunnery and Institute, the host nunnery (207 nuns took part)
- Geden Choling (27)
- Jamyang Choeling (27)
- Thukjee Choling, Nepal (27)
- Kopan Nunnery (Khachoe Gakyil Ling), Nepal (27)
- Jangchub Choling, Mundgod (27)
- Jangsem Ling, Kinnaur (19) New participant nunnery this year.
- Jampa Choling, Kinnaur (13) New participant nunnery this year.
- Nuns’ Committee members (2)
Here’s a gallery of images taken by the Nuns Media Team at Dolma Ling Nunnery. Continue reading