Here are 10 inspirational quotes from His Holiness the Dalai Lama to lift your mood.
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama is the patron of the Tibetan Nuns Project. The Tibetan spiritual leader’s 85th birthday, on July 6, 2020, is being celebrated worldwide with a Year of Gratitude, a series of virtual celebrations and events from July 1st through June 30th, 2021.
The Dalai Lamas are believed by Tibetan Buddhists to be manifestations of Avalokiteshvara or Chenrezig, the Bodhisattva of Compassion and the patron saint of Tibet. Bodhisattvas are realized beings, inspired by the wish to attain complete enlightenment, who have vowed to be reborn in the world to help all living beings.
May these inspirational quotes from His Holiness the Dalai Lama give you hope, courage, and happiness.
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.”
2. “Change starts with us as individuals. If one individual becomes more compassionate it will influence others and so we will change the world.”
3. “Compassion is the radicalism of our time.”
4. “It’s so important to cultivate an attitude that allows us to maintain hope.”
5. “Compassion enhances our self-confidence because a calm mind allows our marvellous human intelligence to bloom.”
6. “Try to remain truthful. The power of truth never declines. Force and violence may be effective in the short term, but in the long run it’s truth that prevails.”
7. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
8. “The practice of patience guards us against losing our presence of mind. It enables us to remain undisturbed, even when the situation is really difficult.”
9. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
10. “Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”